Inari Sushi / Sushi rice wrapped in a tofu bag. Good for Vegan. Good for Vegan Coozy Life Whistler BC Canada Inari sushi is a fried tofu cooked mainly with sugar and soy sauce, open from middle and put sushi rice, very popular with local people in Japan. We do not see them at expensive sushi restaurants but it's easy to make at home. Inari sushi is made by filling a pouch of seasoned fried tofu (abura age) with sushi rice.
Inari Age (pronounced [ah geh]) is made by simmering tofu pockets in sweet and savory dashi-based broth. Inari sushi, also called inarizushi-no-motto or inarizushi, is a fried tofu pouch filled with rice. Sometimes toppings are added such as sesame seeds and avocado. You can cook Inari Sushi / Sushi rice wrapped in a tofu bag. Good for Vegan using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Inari Sushi / Sushi rice wrapped in a tofu bag. Good for Vegan
- Prepare 50 g of Sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 piece of Inari / Fried tofu.
- You need of Some Sesame seed.
Inari sushi is not widely known in the United States yet, but it is great for vegetarians who want to try sushi. Basically, it's a great hearty meal made from rice stuffed in an aburaage (fried tofu) pouch cooked in a sweet shoyu (soy sauce) sauce. This is an easy sushi that you can make at home for dinner or even prepare for a potluck party! Whisk the vinegar and sugar together in a small bowl and set aside.
Inari Sushi / Sushi rice wrapped in a tofu bag. Good for Vegan instructions
- Store bought fried tofu normally already have the middle open, but we open them with fingers.
- Normally we put sushi rice inside, close fried tofu and place them cut side down, but this time I will decorate some fillings on top so I fold edges inside before putting sushi rice in.
- Next put 50g sushi rice inside, make sure to push sushi rice to corners with fingers first then put more rice all over. If you like I recommend adding sesame and other ingredients with rice.
- To finish them up, decorate them with any ingredients of your choice on top and voila, this is it !! If you place any seafood, they will look even more appetizing..
- My cooking video are available on YouTube, you can search "Coozy Life" if you like I would love you to have "Subscribe" and "Thumbs Up". Your supports will encourage me to make more interesting recipes in the future..
The inari sushi, sometimes known as the brown bag sushi or tofu skin sushi, is the easiest kind of sushi to make with good results. Inari sushi is just a clump of cooked rice stuffed in a fried tofu pocket, or fried tofu pouch. The key is making good sushi rice; cooked rice mixed with sugar and vinegar. One of my favorite kinds of vegan sushi is inarizushi, or inari for short. It is relatively simple – sushi rice stuffed into a pouch made of a thin skin of fried tofu.