Our Family's Recipe for Char Siu Pork. Great recipe for Our Family's Recipe for Char Siu Pork. I got fresh pork blocks, so I made char siu. I tied up each block with kitchen twine, but you can skip that.
It's that simple and now you can have char siu at home! Here are some more recipes you can try: Char Siu Bao (Baked BBQ Pork Buns) Char Siu Bao (Steamed) Classic Pork Fried Rice; Stir-fried Pork & Mixed Vegetables; Chinese BBQ Pork Pineapple Buns; Char Siu Recipe Instructions. Don't trim any excess fat, as it will render off and. You can cook Our Family's Recipe for Char Siu Pork using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Our Family's Recipe for Char Siu Pork
- You need 500 grams of Pork butt (shoulder roast) block (or other cut you like).
- It’s 90 ml of Soy sauce.
- It’s 60 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 20 ml of Sake.
- You need 1 of the green part of 1 stalk Green onion or scallion.
- It’s 2 of to 3 slices Ginger.
- You need 2 of to 3 slices Garlic.
Instructions Mix the marinade ingredients throughly. Line a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil. Remove the pork from the marinade,. While the pork is cooking, heat up the remaining.
Our Family's Recipe for Char Siu Pork step by step
- Brown the lumps of meat on all sides in a pan while fipping them..
- Put all the flavoring ingredients in another pan. Add the green onion, ginger, garlic and browned pork. Cover with a lid and simmer over high heat..
- When the lid starts clattering from the built up steam, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Flip the meat over and simmer for another 15 minutes..
- Take the lid off, simmer until there's only a little liquid left in the pan, and it's done..
Turn bag a few times to coat all pork pieces in marinade. Preheat a barbecue for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove pork from marinade and shake to remove excess liquid. Allow to rest, slice and serve, drizzled with any juices which have accumulated on the plate. Helen Graves is a freelance food and travel writer, recipe developer and editor.