Scalloped Potatoes with a twist. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Scalloped Potatoes from scratch with a twist.
Everyone needs to have a little fun in their kitchen. Our recipe for Scalloped Potatoes with a Cheesy Twist combines two of our delicious soups with potatoes, bacon and garlic for a creamy, cheesy, flavorful side dish that pairs perfectly with beef, chicken or pork. Add butter in a pan until melted, now add flour, milk and mushroom soup stiring frequently. You can cook Scalloped Potatoes with a twist using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes with a twist
- Prepare 5 of Golden Russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 5 tbs of butter (hold 1 tbs for onions).
- You need 1 of small onion sliced like you would do onion rings but thin.
- It’s 4 tbs of flour.
- You need 4 tbs of mushroom soup.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of shredded blended cheese.
Hello everybody, I hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to make a special dish, scalloped potatoes with a twist. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. Scalloped Potatoes with a twist is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth.
Scalloped Potatoes with a twist step by step
- In a saute pan, cook onion in butter till they start to separate and are tender and translucent and set side in a bowl. Season to taste. Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased 1 quart dish..
- Add butter in a pan until melted, now add flour, milk and mushroom soup stiring frequently..
- Cover with half layer the sauce, half layer of onions and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers..
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Bake covered at 425°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or till potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Serves 4..
- Optional: On the last layer, after the onions, I cut up 2 tbs of extra butter into quarter pieces and place on top of the onions and then add cheese..
Repeat until you use all the slices of potatoes. In a small saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. Ina Garten puts a cheesy twist on the typical scalloped potatoes and uses one ingredient for a totally different taste. Find out how to make her potato fennel gratin recipe that's full of richness and doesn't skimp on flavor. Ina Garten with Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb