Spatchcock BBQ chicken. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Brush this all over the skin of the.
BRAZILIAN SPATCHCOCK BBQ CHICKEN To make the marinade, char the pepper on the flame of your hob or under the grill until blackened all over. Remove any chicken giblets, then splay open each chicken, breast-side down. To remove the spines, run a finger along back. You can cook Spatchcock BBQ chicken using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spatchcock BBQ chicken
- Prepare of Whole chicken.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Bbq sauce of choice.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Spatchcock the chicken: Using strong kitchen shears, cut through the backbone of the chicken and remove it, along with any little bones that may be sticking out. With the lower side of the palm of your hands, press down the chicken breast until flattened. A spatchcock chicken ("butterflied") is a technique used to remove the backbone and flatten the chicken for a more even cooking in less time than roasting it whole, ensuring a juicy chicken with crispy skin. How do you spatchcock a chicken?
Spatchcock BBQ chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 400. Remove spine from chicken. This isn't the easiest thing, you will need a sharp knife and some elbow grease lol! Once spine is out, crush the breastbone with your hands. You should hear it crack. It should lay flat when done. This method allows it to cook faster and keeps the meat more moist. Freeze bone for chicken stock later!!.
- Dry the chicken with towels. Coat in salt and put in air tight container for minimum of 30 min. This will pull the remaining moisture out. After 30 minutes rince the chicken thoroughly again and pat until dry..
- Coat the chicken in butter. Peel back the skin from the breast portion. And put 2 cubes of butter inside the breast skin. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Coat one layer of bbq sauce after 45 minutes of cooking. Cook an additional 15 minutes. Then put another coat of bbq sauce on and cook another 10 minutes. Pull out and let it sit for at least 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. I served it with garlic n herb roasted potatoes and fresh sauted green beans..
To start, be sure to have the chicken on a clean cutting surface breast side down. Spatchcock Chicken Begin with placing the chicken breast side down on your favourite wooden cutting board, the legs should be underneath and the wings on top. With a pair of kitchen scissors cut along one side of the backbone and through the rib cage. Repeat on the other side and remove the entire backbone. Using a sturdy pair of kitchen scissors or poultry scissors, cut down either side of the backbone, then discard.