Chicken Enchiladas. To assemble, lay the tortillas onto a board and divide the chicken mixture between them, folding over the ends and rolling up to seal. Divide the passata sauce into the dishes you are using, then top with the enchiladas. Dot over the soured cream, sprinkle with grated cheese and scatter with the sliced chilli.
In a frying pan, fry the sliced chicken in the oil over a high heat for couple of minutes. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions, peppers and half the garlic. Shred the cooked chicken and place in a large bowl. You can cook Chicken Enchiladas using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Enchiladas
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- Prepare of coriander.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare 200 grams of refried beans.
- Prepare 100 grams of sweetcorn.
- You need 350 ml of passata.
- Prepare 1 tsp of golden caster sugar.
- It’s 2 of tortillas.
- It’s 150 ml of soured cream.
- You need 100 grams of cheddar, grated.
Mix in soured cream, grated cheese and spring onions. Season with cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Place a heaped spoonful of the mixture in each tortilla wrap, roll up and place seam-side down in a baking dish. To assemble the enchiladas, set up an assembly line including: tortillas, enchilada sauce, chicken mixture, and cheese.
Chicken Enchiladas instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the onions with the garlic for 10 minutes until soft. Stir in the coriander and cumin and fry for 1 minute more. Meanwhile, in another frying pan, fry the chicken until browned – add it to the onions when done..
- Stir the beans, sweetcorn and half the passata into the frying pan. In a bowl mix the rest of the passata, soured cream, sugar and season..
- To assemble, divide the chicken mix into the tortillas. Seal the tortillas and place in a ovenproof dish. Top with the passata/soured cream sauce and sprinkle with the grated cheese..
- Heat in the oven 200C/gas 6 for 30 minutes.
Lay out a tortilla, and spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the tortilla. You make these Chicken Enchiladas by adding cooked chicken to a spicy sauce with vegetables, wrap them in tortillas, and top with a little more sauce and some cheese, before putting them in the oven to heat through. They end up soft and delicious inside, with a crisp cheesiness on the outside. What is in a Chicken Enchilada? Add a small scoop of the chicken.