Stuffed Sushi Rice. Sushi Rice (can be made ahead) Put the rice in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse under cool running water until the water runs clear. In the meantime, heat the rice vinegar, salt, and sugar in a small saucepan and stir until the salt and sugar have. Sushi rice does me some time as I used a rice cooker to make the rice.
Inari sushi is made by filling a pouch of seasoned fried tofu (abura age) with sushi rice. It is named after the Shinto god, Inari, who is said to have had a fondness for tofu. Onigiri (おにぎり) or sometimes called Omusubi (おむすび) or Nigirimeshi (握り飯) is a Japanese rice ball made of rice formed into triangular or cylindrical shapes and often wrapped in nori. You can cook Stuffed Sushi Rice using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Sushi Rice
- Prepare 2 Cups of Sushi Rice.
- Prepare 2-1/2 Cups of Water.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Cucumber (Diced).
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Soy Beans.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Avocado (Small sqaures).
- Prepare 2 Cups of Mushrooms (Portobello).
- You need 4 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Green Onion (Chopped).
- You need of Sesame Seeds.
- It’s of Spicey Mayonnaise.
- You need of Shredded Seaweed.
It's often stuffed with various fillings. Here is my recipe for the perfect sushi rice. You can eat this alone or roll into your favorite sushi roll with ingredients of choice. I use strips of carrots, cucumbers and slices of avocado.
Stuffed Sushi Rice instructions
- Cook rice..
- Sautee mushrooms with oil until brown. Then add brown sugar and soy sauce..
- In a medium bowl spray with nonstick spray. Line the bowl with rice and pat down with a large spoon..
- Add Avocado, diced cucumber and lastly the mushrooms to the bowl on top of the rice..
- Cover the bowl with rice and pat down. Cover the bowl with a plate and flip both at the same time. Remove the bowl..
- Drizzle with soy sauce. Drizzle with spicey mayonnaise. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Sprinkle with seaweed..
You can adjust the amount of vinegar in this recipe to suit your taste. Wet your hands and make small mounds of sushi rice. Meanwhile, cut the aburaage in halves so that each piece has an open end. Put dashi soup stock, sugar, mirin, and soy sauce in a medium pan and bring to a boil. Look for unpolished, short-grain Japanese rice, easily found at most supermarkets.