Blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Hello everybody, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai. It is one of my favorites. You can cook Blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai
- Prepare 1 of extra large chicken (spatchcocked).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom pods.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pul Buber chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dried thyme.
- It’s of Grated zest of 1 lemon.
- You need of Juice of half a lemon.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves crushed.
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
This time, I will make it a little bit unique. Blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai is one of the most popular of recent. Mix together the potatoes with the blackened spice blend mixture in a bowl. When ready to bake, roast the chicken on top of a cookie rack; chicken on top and potatoes below.
Blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai instructions
- Combine the dry ingredients in a pestle and mortar and grind to a fine paste. Add the crushed garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil to make a paste.
- To spatchcock the chicken cut down either side of the back bone. Once the spine has been removed turn over and press down of the breast to flatten. Cover with the paste and allow to marinade.
Homemade and delicious Chicken Flattie (spatchcock chicken) on the braai (BBQ/Grill)I upload videos just like this every Monday. Prepare a fire with enough coals to braai the chicken. Put a stand in the coals and keep a folding braai grid handy. Season the chicken with the pepper and spice. Try butterflying or spatch-cocking your next braai chicken.