Chicken Souvlaki. Souvlaki are a popular fast food choice in Greece. Skewers of marinated meat are cooked over an open fire – it can be lamb, pork and chicken. The accompaniments are usually tomatoes, red onion and tzatziki wrapped in soft pitta bread.
Greek salad or this orzo salad are a natural addition, but Balela, Fattoush, Grilled Zucchini Salad and this cooling Watermelon Salad would work as well. Make a large Mezze platter like this one, or a. Serve while still warm with some pita breads and tzatziki sauce. You can cook Chicken Souvlaki using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Souvlaki
- It’s 4 of greek pitas..
- You need 3 of boneless & skinless chicken breasts..
- Prepare 1/2 of peeled & chopped cucumber..
- It’s 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese..
- You need 1 cup of tzatziki sauce..
- You need 1 cup of chopped lettuce..
You can also serve the chicken souvlaki (skewers) wrapped, like a sandwich. Add chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air and seal the bag. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat (or BBQ).
Chicken Souvlaki step by step
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, season with salt & pepper. Place pieces onto skewers and grill until done..
- Spread the tzatziki sauce evenly on all pitas, then sprinkle the cucumber & feta cheese & lettuce on top..
- Place the chicken skewers on top and roll pita around to close. Then gently pull the skewer out while holding onto the souvlaki..
- Eat & Enjoy!!!.
Chicken Souvlaki is Greek chicken kabobs marinated in fresh herb oregano (my fav), garlic, lemon, olive oil and seasonings. The Chicken Souvlaki with Homemade Tzatziki Recipe: Chicken Souvlaki with Homemade Tzatziki. Rate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Chicken souvlaki is another word for seasoned Greek kabobs and they make a nice appetizer when dipped into homemade tzatziki sauce. Skewer chicken onto wooden or metal skewers.