Finnish Beef Stroganoff. Here is how you do it. The ingredients needed to make Finnish Beef Stroganoff: Provide of top round steak. Use of Water or beef broth.
Transfer the sautéed onions and beef to a pan, and add enough water to cover. Toss bay leaves and bring to a boil. When it comes to a boil, skim off the scum and turn down the heat to medium-low. You can have Finnish Beef Stroganoff using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Finnish Beef Stroganoff
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of top round steak.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 2 Tbsp of flour.
- You need 4 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 of medium onion sliced.
- Prepare of Water or beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of tomato paste or ketchup.
- You need 2 tsp of prepared hot mustard.
- It’s 2 of dill pickles finely chopped.
Stir in the juices from the resting meat and check the seasoning. Cut the meat into thick slices and stir into the sauce. Mix together the dried onion flakes and reserved chopped parsley and. Bash with a rolling pin until ½ cm thick, then cut into finger-width slices.
Finnish Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Slice the meat thinly against the grain..
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour, coating the meat evenly..
- Brown meat in the butter over medium high heat, adding onions shortly after the meat..
- Add enough water or broth to cover the bottom of the pan, scraping the brownings from the bottom of the pan..
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender. You may need to add a bit more water or broth so that the meat does not stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Just before serving, combine the cream, tomato paste or ketchup, mustard and dill pickles and stir into the meat mixture..
- Serve with broad egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes..
Mix the paprika, lemon zest, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper together, and use to dust the beef. In a large frying pan over a medium-low heat, fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened. Add enough water or broth to cover the bottom of the pan, scraping the brownings up into the meat. Just before serving, combine the cream, tomato paste, mustard, and dill pickle and stir evenly into the meat mixture. Season the meat with salt and pepper and set it aside for a few minutes.