Homemade Kebab (Gyros) Sandwich. Homemade Kebab (Gyros) Sandwich Ferenc Szklenar Bristol, United Kingdom. there is nothing to add, one of the best food in the world that everyone wants to taste. But once you have tasted it, you will always want to eat it. Here is how you cook that.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread tzatziki sauce down in the center of a flatbread round or the pocket of the pita. Add a lettuce leaf, some sliced tomato, and a few thin onion slices. Add the patty and fold the bread over the lamb. You can have Homemade Kebab (Gyros) Sandwich using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Kebab (Gyros) Sandwich
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- It’s 400 g of Soured Cream.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 3 tsp of Icing Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato Ketchup.
- Prepare of Salt, Pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s of For the meat filling:.
- You need 1000 g of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Red Paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Assembling the Sandwich:.
- It’s 1/2 of Red Onion.
- Prepare 7 of Cocktail Tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cucumber.
- You need 5 of Baguettes (20-25 cm long).
- Prepare 100 g of Grated Mozarella.
Prepare the homemade Greek gyro meat. Place the onion in the center of a kitchen towel and squeeze out the juice and return to the food processor. Add the meat, garlic, spices, salt and pepper to the onion, and process. Although the shaved meat can be served on a platter with rice and cooked vegetables, it's most popular as a sandwich eaten as street food.
Homemade Kebab (Gyros) Sandwich step by step
- For the sauce, smooth blend the soured cream, the mayonnaise, the icing sugar, the tomato ketchup and other spices, then leave it in the fridge..
- Slice the chicken breasts into smaller chunks. Stir the spices & the oil into the meat, pan frying them till crispy..
- Cut the cucumber to a size of matchsticks. Slice the tomatoes just as the red onion as well. Grate the cheese. Just slice the baguette into half, and toast it in a dry hot pan..
- After all this, we need just build the kebab sandwich. A small amount of sauce on the baguettes, following a good portion of chicken. Next comes the sauce again, then come the vegetables (cucumber, onion, tomatoe). And the final thing is the grated cheese..
You might find tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, red onion, cucumbers, or pickles inside the pita, and the sauce might be a yogurt-based tzatziki or tahini. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the strips of meat and cook until golden brown on all sides. The sandwich generally contains salad or vegetables, which may include tomato, lettuce, cabbage, onion with sumac, fresh or pickled cucumber, or chili, and various types of sauces. SOUVLAKI Souvlaki are a popular fast food choice in Greece.