Chicken souvlaki. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Souvlaki are a popular fast food choice in Greece. Skewers of marinated meat are cooked over an open fire – it can be lamb, pork and chicken.
To serve, top each flatbread with generous spoonfuls of the souvlaki,. And if you're looking to turn it into a Mediterranean-style BBQ party, then consider adding a few salads and sides to go along. Greek salad or this orzo salad are a natural addition, but Balela, Fattoush, Grilled Zucchini Salad and this cooling Watermelon Salad would work as well. You can cook Chicken souvlaki using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken souvlaki
- It’s 1 of chicken cut into cubes for souvlaki (without its skin and bones).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 3 tbsp of yoghurt.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s 1 of firm red tomato cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper cut into square pieces.
- Prepare 1 of medium-sized onion cut into square pieces (you quarter it and then cut those pieces in half, horizontally).
- Prepare 13-14 of small whole mushrooms (optionally).
Make a large Mezze platter like this one, or a. Instructions To prepare this chicken souvlaki recipe, start by preparing the marinade. In the meantime prepare the tzatziki sauce for the chicken souvlaki. Pour in a blender the olive oil and grated garlic.
Chicken souvlaki step by step
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, the garlic, the yoghurt and the olive oil..
- Mix well and place in the fridge for 4-5 hours or even better leave them overnight..
- Cut the pepper, the tomato and the onion and season with a little salt as well as the mushrooms..
- Pass them through a skewer in the following orderchicken – pepper – chicken – tomato – chicken – mushroom..
- Cook them on a grill or barbecue them..
- You serve it with rice and tzatziki and pita for souvlaki. (Of course french fries are a perfect combination…).
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Chicken Souvlaki is Greek chicken kabobs marinated in fresh herb oregano (my fav), garlic, lemon, olive oil and seasonings. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat (or BBQ). The Chicken Souvlaki with Homemade Tzatziki Recipe: Chicken Souvlaki with Homemade Tzatziki. Rate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe.