Beef and Cheese Empanadas. Get just the right utensils for the job. Free UK delivery on eligible orders Looking For Cheese Beef? We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Use a biscuit cutter or bowl to cut out circles of empanada dough. Lift both edges of the round and seal the edges using your fingers. Use a fork to seal the edges further. You can cook Beef and Cheese Empanadas using 27 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and Cheese Empanadas
- You need of EMPANADA FILLING.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 of poblano pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 3 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 oz of button mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of 10 ounce can Rotel tomatos,with mild chilis.
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of EMPANADAS WRAPPERS.
- Prepare 20 of thawed frozen empanada pastry rounds, I used Goza brand or homemade.
- Prepare 1 of egg wash, which is 1 large egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- It’s of FOR SERVING, AS A DIPPING SAUCE.
- It’s 1 of recipe Chipotle Ranch dipping sauce. Recipe attached in directions.
In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add beef and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden. Add cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, diced tomatoes and a bit of salt and pepper to your beef mixture. Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan.
Beef and Cheese Empanadas step by step
- Combine the ground beef with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley..
- Chop all vegetables..
- In a large skillet , heat oil, add seasoned ground beef and brown..Add all.chopped vegetables and cook until.vegetables are tender about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with all juices, cream and honey. Cook until well blended and not much liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Add beaten egg and mix in thoroughly..
- Off heat add cheddar and romano cheese, mix in and cool filling completely. This can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days before filling pastry..
- FILL EMPANADA PASTRY CIRCLES.
- Lay pastry flat on work surface, brush inside edges with egg wash..
- Put a heaping tablespoon filling in the center of pastry..
- .lift pastry over to Completely enclose filling. Press all edges to seal..
- With the tines of a fork press to completely seal in filling..
- Brush empanada with egg wash.
- With a quick stab poke the tines of a fork in top of empanada for venting.In a small bowl mix the romano and granulated garlic, sprinkle evenly on tops of empanadas.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Place empanadas about 2 inches apart on prepared sheet. Bake 18 to 23 minutes until puffed and golden brown..
- Serve with Chipotle Ranch Dip/ Sauce recipe attached bellow https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341757-chipotle-ranch-dip-sauce-spread-andor-dressing.
- NOTE; These can be individually frozen after cooling completely. Reheat in a 400 oven on a rack until just hot and crisp about 5 to 10 minutes..
Fold over and press down the opening with a fork. Flip it over and press down the other side with a fork to assure it is sealed. 🥩 Beef Empanadas Filling Most of the ingredients to make this Puerto Rican empanada recipe are straightforward: ground beef, diced potatoes, tomato sauce, olives, water, salt, and shredded cheese (we use Monterey Jack!). However, you will also need Sazón con Azafran and Sofrito. Remove the chorizo from its casing and add to a mixing bowl with the mince, onion, coriander, parsley, paprika, cumin and chilli flakes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.