Thanksgiving Casserole. Classic baked macaroni and cheese is a welcome casserole any time of year and makes a great addition to the Thanksgiving table. (Is there anything mac and cheese doesn't improve?) According to many reviewers, you can leave out the jalapenos to appease more sensitive palates. Emily R even substituted peas, which pleased even her picky eaters. Special Squash Casserole Squash has traditionally been a food our family passes up, but this luscious casserole is an exception to the rule.
Spread mixture evenly over shredded turkey. The best ingredient that's found in all of these sought-after Thanksgiving casseroles is the hard work and love put into each one, because the way to the heart is definitely through the stomach. These dishes are guaranteed to be an instant hit at Thanksgiving dinner. You can have Thanksgiving Casserole using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Casserole
- You need 2 packages of instant potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground turkey.
- You need 1/2 bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken.
- You need of Chopped onion and garlic.
- It’s of Seasonings (pepper, onion powder, garlic powder).
- You need 1 box of stuffing.
- Prepare 1 packet of turkey gravy.
Hold these coveted recipes tightly because everyone will want these delicious secrets. Who doesn't love a good Thanksgiving. It's basically exactly what it sounds like — a cozy, hearty, festive casserole that celebrates everyone's favorite Thanksgiving dishes. It is made with a classic mix of turkey (or you can choose to use chicken or omit the meat entirely), herbed sourdough stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans and dried cranberries.
Thanksgiving Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown turkey with onion, garlic, and seasonings. Drain fat. Add frozen vegetables and cream of chicken. Heat till vegetables are warm. Set a side..
- Make mashed potatoes per package instructions. Set a side..
- Make stuffing per package instructions. Set a side..
- In a large casserole dish layer ingredients. Mashed potatoes first, then turkey mixture, then top with stuffing. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30-40 mins until hot. Remove tin foil and cook for 10 mins for a crunchy top..
- Make turkey gravy per package instructions and serve with casserole..
The holidays are already stressful enough, let alone the addition of what you'll be cooking for Thanksgiving. So, we've found some amazing casserole recipes that you can make ahead of time. Most of these recipes can be prepped the night before so dinner is hassle-free the next day, all you have to do is pop it in the oven. Everyone loves Thanksgiving leftovers, but after a day or two you start to want anything except turkey. These comforting casseroles turn bland and boring turkey into completely new creations.