Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole. Easy, Effective and Delicious Weight Loss Programmes. Food you never knew you wanted. In an extra-large skillet cook and stir mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot butter over medium heat until tender.
Learn about The Spruce Eats' Editorial Process. Put the chicken in a casserole dish and season with salt, pepper and paprika. My big batch creamy chicken and mushroom one pan casserole! You can cook Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
- You need of Chicken and sear.
- You need 2 pounds of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt divided.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper divided.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peanut oil.
- It’s of Vegetables.
- You need 1 pound of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 pound of potatoes russet.
- You need 1 pound of baby carrots.
- It’s 15 ounces of sweet English peas.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Liquids and gravy.
- Prepare 15 ounces of canned evaporated milk.
- Prepare 28 ounces of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground white pepper powder.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 3 ounces of finely shredded alpine cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
Cook this dish on the hob or in the oven. Rate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Our easy recipe for creamy chicken, cider and vegetable casserole makes a double portion -. The most succulent chicken, slow-cooked in a rich gravy, then served with mash for soaking.
Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole instructions
- Cube the chicken, season with salt and white pepper. Add the flour to a ziploc bag and then add the chicken. Seal the bag and shake it up till all the chicken is coated..
- Heat the oil in an oven safe dish. I used a Dutch oven. Sear the chicken and set the chicken aside when seared..
- When all the chicken is seared, add the vegetables except for the peas. Sear the vegetables stirring often. After 12-15 minutes add the flour..
- Stir it in cooking for 10 minutes. Add the milk and broth. Stirring constantly. Add the chicken and peas, then turn down low heat, for 15 minutes. Preheat oven 375°Fahrenheit..
- Cover and put into the oven for an hour. It may have oils on top, if so skim off the top. Add the softened butter and mix the breadcrumbs, set aside. Add 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs to top..
- Take the cheese and grate it..
- Add the cheese on top then the buttered breadcrumbs on top..
- Put into the oven, uncovered, or under the broiler. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
Healthier chicken casserole with tarragon dumplings. An easy chicken casserole recipe should be in every cook's little black book and this one will go down well with all of the family. Serve with mashed or boiled potatoes, or rice. Our easy recipe for creamy chicken, cider and vegetable casserole makes a double portion -. Use up leftover roast chicken in this comforting cannelloni recipe with spinach and ricotta.