Salisbury Steak. Low Prices on Steak Check Out Steak Recipes On eBay. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Salisbury steak is a dish, originating in the United States, made from a blend of ground beef and other ingredients and usually served with gravy or brown sauce.
Method For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. This American physician spent his career promoting a meat-centered diet and thus, the Salisbury steak was born. Watch how to make this recipe. You can cook Salisbury Steak using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- Prepare of Salisbury steak.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of parsley (dry).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need of gravy.
- You need 2 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. Salisbury steak involves making seasoned beef patties using mince / ground beef, then making a mushroom gravy. In my recipe, there's just two little things I do differently to the usual Salisbury Steak recipe that takes these up a notch: Salisbury steak is an American take on Hamburg steak. Essentially, it's a seasoned ground beef patty served with gravy or a brown sauce.
Salisbury Steak instructions
- Combine all of the "Salisbury steak" ingredients and mix well by hand..
- Form into oblong patties and spray each side with a little cooking oil..
- Fry Salisbury steak patties in a pan until cooked and brown on both sides, or bake in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes then flip and continue baking for 10 more minutes..
- Mix up gravy by combining beef stock, cornstarch, and butter in a sauce pan and bringing to a boil stirring regularly..
- Then add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring until thickened slightly and remove from heat..
- (Oven prepared option) Place Salisbury steak in a baking dish and pour gravy over patties. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 400..
- (Crock Pot option) Place Salisbury steak patties in the crock pot and pour gravy over them. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-3 hours..
How to Make Salisbury Steak Start by mixing together the patty mixture, then shaping the patties and searing them in a skillet. Next, cook the mushrooms and onions, and add a simple sauce of tomato paste, mustard, and beef broth. Nestle the patties back into the skillet and let everything simmer until the patties are cooked through. Salisbury steak is basically a technique to transform hamburger back into a steak. So, just to have fun, I shaped the patties like small T-bone steaks and after they were cooked, I cut a hole to fit a small onion ring that I pressed into the meat and filled it with horseradish sauce to resemble a bone and marrow.