Ikko's Secret Recipe for Okara Biscuits. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Check Out Secret Recipe On eBay. Mix the okara and sugar well in a bowl. Push the mixture into a tablespoon.
Here is how you can achieve it. Great recipe for Ikko's Secret Recipe for Okara Biscuits. I tried to make my own biscuits. You can have Ikko's Secret Recipe for Okara Biscuits using 3 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ikko's Secret Recipe for Okara Biscuits
- You need 250 grams of Fresh okara.
- You need 70 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Some sort of lid.
When you press the okara mixture with a plastic lid, try to make the centre thinner and the edges thicker. I used my baking powder plastic lid. A spice container's lid would also. I tried to make my own biscuits.
Ikko's Secret Recipe for Okara Biscuits step by step
- Mix the okara and sugar well in a bowl. You can use your hands..
- Push the mixture into a tablespoon..
- Drop the the mixture on a sheet of baking paper..
- Place cling film on top..
- Press hard with a soft plastic lid or the equivalent..
- It'll become like this..
- Bake for 30 minutes in the pre-heated 320F/160C oven..
- After baking, transfer to a microwave dish and arrange them like this. Heat in a 500 W microwave for 1 minute. Flip over and heat for another minute. Adjust the time according to the thickness of the biscuits and the type of microwave..
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and you will have crispy biscuits. Do not pile up like this while cooling..
- I had a lot of comments saying that they couldn't get the crispy texture. Repeat the Step 8 process patiently and you should get a good result..
- Depending on how moist your okara is, you might have difficulty shaping the okara with a tablespoon. Add more water if necessary..
When you press the okara mixture with a plastic lid, try to make the centre. If you use butter, soften the butter at room temperature, before adding the sugar. It is very important to process the okara in a food processor to create a light and crunchy texture. DO YOU NEED HEALTHY VEGAN COOKING INSPIRATIONS? Okara Tofu Nuggets Daily Cooking Quest.