Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo.
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Add water to thin, as necessary. Pour oil in a large skillet and bring to temperature over medium heat. You can cook Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken
- You need 3-4 of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 2 of large eggs +1 tbsp water.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It’s of Honey Garlic Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch +3 tbsp cold water.
Toss chicken in the honey garlic sauce, coating all sides very well. To make the sauce, combine the soy sauce, water, honey, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well. In a pan, heat the canola oil at medium high heat and cook ginger and garlic until fragrant and soft. A classic combination of honey, soy sauce and garlic working together to produce a sticky, sweet sauce to coat golden tender chicken pieces.
Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken step by step
- In a medium sauce pan, bring honey, soy sauce, garlic and cornstarch plus water to a boil. Then whisk into boiling honey sauce until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside..
- In a wide, shallow dish together the flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a second shallow dish whisk together eggs and 1 tablespoon water. Dredge the chicken in the egg wash, then in the flour mixture, tossing to coat all sides of the chicken..
- Pour oil in a large skillet and bring to temperature over medium heat. Cook chicken in the oil, 4-5 minutes on each side, until crispy on the outside and cooked through in the middle..
- Toss chicken in the honey garlic sauce, coating all sides very well. Serve immediately..
- Notes: add 3 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce to the honey garlic sauce for a little sweet kick!.
I sometimes shy away from using chicken thighs in recipes, as they're more fiddly and usually require more trimming to remove the fat than chicken breasts. However for this recipe, you can leave some of the fat on, as the chicken is fried over a high. Thinly sliced chicken breasts crunchy coated and pan-fried, and then doused in a homemade honey garlic sauce that's a little sweet, tangy, and spicy! So yummy you'll want to make it all the time! Crispy and sticky have got to be the best way to eat chicken.