Crispy beef. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Beef Crisps on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger.
The moisture in the beef will absorb the cornflour and you'll need to coat again to make sure they get extra crispy. Heat a wok or deep frying pan over medium high heat. Finally, add the strips of fried steak and toss to heat through and coat with sauce. You can cook Crispy beef using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy beef
- Prepare 1 pound of lean round steak, sliced very thin.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of cornflour (added 1 tsp of cornstarch to white flour).
- You need of Salt.
- You need 4 Tbsp of hot chili sauce.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of honey (I like spicy more than sweet).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, sliced very thin (I used my peeler to shave these).
- Prepare 4 of spring onions, cut thin.
- You need 1-1 1/2 C of vegetable oil or coconut oil.
- It’s of Soba or fettuccine noodles (I didn't have Soba noodles on hand).
- It’s of Fresh bean sprouts, if desired.
Slice the beef into strips as fine as you can get it. Add to a zip lock bag with enough cornflour to coat and shake to coat the beef. Place a wok or a large frying pan over a high heat. Toss the beef strips in the cornflour until well coated on all sides.
Crispy beef step by step
- Beat the eggs and add the flour and salt to make batter. Heat the oil in a wok type pan to medium high. Lightly coat the beef and then place in the pan. You have to do in batches because you can't overcrowd the meat in the pan. Cook about 3 minutes a side for a total of 6-7 minutes. The time will vary on how thin you have cut the meat. It should turn nice and brown. Set the meat aside..
- Remove all but 2 Tbsp of oil in the pan. Add in the vegies, chili sauce, honey and soy sauce. Cook this for 2-3 minutes on medium high and then add the meat back in and mix all together to get the meat warmed back up..
- Put on top of the noodles and serve..
Fry the beef in a couple of batches to avoid crowding the pan. Lower into the hot oil and fry until golden and crisp, which should only take a couple of minutes. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to drain. To get the beef extra crispy, you will need to coat the beef twice (after it has marinated). The first time you coat the beef with ½ cup of corn starch you will notice that the moisture in the beef will just sop up that starch.