Instant Pot Frozen Pork Roast. Great discounts and savings on top home brands. Instant Pot Frozen Pork Roast Set the Instant Pot on the sautee setting. Heat the olive oil and sautee the onion until transparent.
Then I put the frozen pork roast on top. Put the lid on and made sure the valve was set to seal. Load frozen pork loin into the instant pot and lay it over the apple loaded stock. You can have Instant Pot Frozen Pork Roast using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Frozen Pork Roast
- It’s 1-2 lbs of pork roast.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce, low sodium.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced ginger root.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- It’s of green onions chopped.
- You need of sesame seed (optional).
Season well with salt and pepper. Open the lid and carefully lift the trivet with the meat. In a small bowl combine the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper and salt. Rub the seasoning all over the pork roast.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Roast step by step
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and bay leaves to the pressure cooker pot. Then, place the trivet with handles and place frozen pork roast directly onto it. If it doesn’t fit, cut it in half. Close the lid and make sure the valve points to seal. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the timer for 60 minutes for frozen pork roast (2 lbs) and 40 minutes for fresh or thawed pork roast. Followed by a 10 minutes Natural Pressure Release..
- After the 10 minutes NPR, release manually the remaining pressure. Open the lid and carefully lift the trivet with the meat. Remove and discard any excess fat from it, and place it in a baking pan that has been covered with foil. Clean the pressure cooker pot, and Select sauté..
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until fully combined. Once the IP reads HOT, add the sauce mixture to it. Stir and cook for a few minutes until it thickens enough to coat the spoon..
- Top the pork roast with half of the sauce, brushing the top and the sides of it. Set the other half of the sauce aside. Broil the meat for a few minutes, or until golden brown. Baste once with the sauce that dripped into the pan..
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Using a sharp knife, slice the meat and serve drizzled with the remaining sauce. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds (optional)..
Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads "HOT". Place frozen roast in pressure cooker, pour balsamic vinegar mixture on top of meat. Close lid and seal steam valve. When done allow to naturally release steam. Cooking frozen pork in a slow cooker is not recommended.