Roast chicken. Rub salt into the skin of the roast chicken and leave it overnight for a lovely crisp finish. Slice the lemon halfway through lengthways. Insert a sprig of thyme into the slit and place the lemon inside the cavity.
Sit the chicken in a roasting tin. Ease the skin away from the breast and push the. Cover the chicken with foil and. You can cook Roast chicken using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast chicken
- It’s 2 of chicken.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soysauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of olive oil.
This roast chicken is a real show stopper, perfect for Christmas or a big Sunday lunch. It isn't usually cooked with shallots but we've added a few to make the sauce extra delicious. For a simple roast with a hint of lemon and thyme, an unoaked Chardonnay or a Pinot Noir would make a lovely match as these wines won't overpower the flavour of the chicken. If your dish is cooked using strong flavours, go for bolder reds or aromatic whites that will stand up to the herbs and spices.
Roast chicken step by step
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to the chicken..
- Mix garlic, honey and soy sauce in a plastic bag and put the chicken in it..
- Sit it in the refrigerator for 2 hours..
- Put olive oil to the surface of the chicken..
- Bake the chicken in the oven at 200C for 35 minutes..
Wash and roughly chop the vegetables – there's no need to peel them. Break the garlic bulb into cloves, leaving them. Cut one extra rasher in two and place a piece on each leg. Roast chicken is such a classic crowd-pleaser, and can be done in so many ways. Explore our rubs, stuffings and spices and feel inspired!