Shrimp In Coconut Milk. Directions Place the shrimp shells in a saucepan, along with the thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns. Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion, scallions, salt and pepper and saute until soft,.
When the butter is hot, add the shrimp with a pair of. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently,. Stir over low heat until thickened. You can cook Shrimp In Coconut Milk using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp In Coconut Milk
- It’s of medium size fresh shrimp.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of small sachet of tomato sauce.
- It’s of coconut milk (kakang gata).
- Prepare of ginger, minced.
- You need of medium onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of chopped chili (optional).
- It’s of R_N_ (secret recipe 😜).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Add shrimp, and cook for a few minutes until pink, then add the tomatoes and coconut milk. Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes and shrimp. Spoon over rice and garnish with cilantro. Serve it over white rice — or noodles if you desire.
Shrimp In Coconut Milk instructions
- Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat..
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until turn to orange, about 2-3 mins; set aside..
- Sauté onion, ginger and garlic. Add tomato sauce, cook for 30 seconds..
- Pour-in coconut milk. Let it boil and reduce to half (about 15-20mins) Put-in shrimps, add the _E_O. Cook for 5-7 minutes..
- Turn-off heat and transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Happy Eating 🍽.
To make this, place the peeled shrimp in a bowl with oil, minced garlic clove, salt, and pepper. Spicy, garlicky, gingery shrimp, pan-seared and tossed with butter, coconut milk, and sweet honey. It's Thai inspired with a hint of Italian. BONUS SIDE DISH: I made a middle eastern coconut rice on the side (cooked the rice in half light coconut milk and water) then after cooking added toasted coconut (toasted in a pan with a little olive oil) toasted almond and toasted raisins all mixed through the rice (do all the toasting separately). Instructions In a medium pot, heat oil on medium-low heat.