Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting. These Meatloaf Cupcakes are made extra irresistible by piling on mashed potato. They are also great for hiding vegetables. I only added grated carrot, but you can mix in whatever vegetables you want.
Pipe the "frosting" onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve. To make the meatloaf cupcakes, the first step is to start making the mashed potatoes since they take a while to cook. Add to a large pot of salted water, and bring to a boil. You can cook Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting using 17 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting
- Prepare of meatloaf mix:.
- You need 2 lb of lean ground beef or turkey.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 3/4 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of quick cook oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine diced onion.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s of topper:.
- You need 9 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare of potato frosting:.
- Prepare 3 lb of bag idaho potatoes.
- You need 4 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
This is the trick to making perfect mashed potatoes. Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting recipe? look no further! We provide you We provide you Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover. Drain the water and add in the butter and milk.
Meatloaf Cupcakes W/ Mashed Potato Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together all meatloaf mix ingredients with clean hands until combined well!.
- Prepare 9 jumbo muffin cups with non stick baking spray..
- Fill muffin cups to the rim with meatloaf mix. Pack it down well!.
- Top each one with the topper! 1tbl. Ketchup per meatloaf cupcake..
- Bake in oven for about 45-50 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160°F.
- Meanwhile while that's cooking, peel and boil potatoes as you normally would for mashed potatoes..
- When fork tender drain from water and return to pot..
- Beat in butter and cream cheese until creamy. U don't want lumps for this one..
- Stir in cheese. And set aside to cool for a few moments..
- Prepare a piping bag with your favorite tip or ziplock bag with a small hole cut in corner..
- Fill bag with mashed potatoes. And set aside..
- When meatloaf is done drain any grease and let it rest for 10-15 minutes..
- Pop meatloaf cupcakes out the tin and place onto serving plate…
- Pipe the potatoes as u would normal frosting in any design or manner you choose on top of meatloaf cupcake..
- You will have leftover potatoes. Just serve them with meal..
- Serve your meatloaf cupcakes hot and enjoy!.
- Tips from me to u:.
- I used motz cheese for both meatloaf and potatoes the motz I used was infused with oregano. But u can use any type of cheese you wish. Just use the same cheese in meatloaf and in potatoes so flavors don't clash. :).
- Makes 9 jumbo meatloaf cupcakes. Wich will serve 5-9 people depending on how big of an eater you are..
- They do reheat well! So great for lunch the next day!.
- Feel free to use your favorite meatloaf recipe in place of this one!.
Mash the potatoes with a fork until smooth. Fill a ziplock bag with the mashed potatoes. Pipe the potatoes onto each meatloaf cupcake to resemble frosting. Mix ground beef, saltine crackers, onion, green bell pepper, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, and seasoned salt together in a bowl. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, finely dice the onion and place them in a large bowl.