Honey Sesame Chicken. Add in the Honey Sesame Sauce, and bring to a light simmer or until the sauce thickens. Drop in the chicken, stir-fry a few times to combine the sauce and chicken, add the sesame seeds, dish out and serve immediately with steamed white rice, or Chinese fried rice. Cover chicken tightly to keep warm.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. For the honey sesame seed chicken, heat an ovenproof chargrill pan over a medium heat. Mix the olive oil, cayenne pepper and seasoning in a bowl, and coat the chicken with the mixture. You can have Honey Sesame Chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Honey Sesame Chicken
- It’s of Chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy souce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornflour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/8 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 of fresh lemon or 1 lime.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ngohiong.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ketchup.
Add chicken, salt and sesame seeds. Place flour in a separate bowl and coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess. This crispy honey sesame chicken tastes absolutely unreal 😍👌🏽 Really easy to make too. Dip the chicken in egg, then coat in a mixture of plain flour & corn starch.
Honey Sesame Chicken instructions
- Cut the chicken, matinade with egg and soy sauce, set aside.
- For sauce: mix the remaining ingredients except for corn flour. Add lemon/lime zest and juice.
- Add corn flour to chicken marinade, and then fry.
- Bring sauce mixture to boil, simmer for approx. 10 mins until thicken.
- Toss fried chicken and sauce until combined, sprinkle sesame seeds. Done.
For the sauce add crushed garlic, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice vinegar and corn starch. In a small saucepan add the honey, tomato sauce, ginger, garlic, chilli, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and coconut flour. Mix everything well until all lumps are removed. Bring to a simmer, then add water. Pour over the chicken thighs and leave to marinate if you have time, but don't worry if not – they will be delicious either way.