Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole. Investment in Amazon Could Create You A Second Salary Every Month. We Have Everything You Need All In One Place – Buy Now & Get Free Delivery On Your Order! Still cheesy, still crunchy, still saucy—just easier to assemble and made right on the stovetop!
Fry the chicken in oil in a heavy bottom pan until cooked through. Alternatively, you can cook in an air fryer. <p>Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole. Rinse and drain the pasta in a colander. You can cook Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs. (You really need the panko bread crumbs for this).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 lb of skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces, patted dry.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of tomato basil pasta sauce (I ended up using the entire 22 oz jar, so be flexible!).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. (I use the whole bag, what's another 1/2 cup).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of shredded fresh basil (if you have it. I sprinkled a bit of dry basil seasoning on it).
Prepare and fry your chicken: In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Place the flour, egg, and Italian bread crumbs in separate bowls. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, half the garlic, and egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined, then form.
Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole instructions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- In a 10" oven proof skillet melt a tablespoon of butter. Add bread crumbs cook stirring frequently until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to separate small dish. Add Parmesan cheese to toasted Panko crumbs. Set aside..
- Wipe skillet and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter into skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and salt and cook until chicken is cooked thru, add garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes; stir and cook another minute..
- Stir in pasta sauce; heat to simmering. If the consistency is to thin I simmer intil it thickens to my liking.Remove from heat, top with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted probably 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Top with basil..
- I served this over spaghetti..
I also had all the ingredients on hand! Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dice chicken into bite size pieces and place in skillet with butter. To your prepared casserole dish add in cooked chicken and pasta then mix in sauce. Last mix in ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.