Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream. Stunning Range, Huge Selection Of Layer Cakes Available. Great recipe for Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream. I love the lightness of chiffon cakes and wanted a layer cake with a fresh strawberry flavor for one.
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Place in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add oil, egg yolks and orange juice; beat with a spoon until smooth. You can cook Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream using 27 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream
- It’s of CAKE.
- It’s 1 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- You need 4 of large egg yolks.
- You need 6 of large egg whites, at room temperate.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cream of tarter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of strawberry puree, recipe below.
- It’s of STRAWBERRY PUREE,MAKES ENOUGH FOR CAKE AND STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- It’s 2 cup of hulled sliced fresh Strawberrys.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s of CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM FILLING.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare of STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- Prepare 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of cold strawberry puree.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1 of recipe chocolate covered Strawberrys, recipe attached in direction step #19.
- You need 1/4 cup of red colored sparkle sugar or sprinkles.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark chocolate shavings.
In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Smoothly frost the cake with the whipped cream. Give the remaining whipped cream a few more whisks to stiffen it slightly. Fill a piping bag fitted with a star tip with the stiffened whipped cream and pipe a shell border around the top of.
Fresh Strawberry Chiffon Layer Cake with Chocolate and Strawberry Whipped cream step by step
- MAKE STRAWBERRY PUREE.
- Combine Strawberrys, sugar and lemon in a saucepan, cook over medium heat until juicy and soft, stirring often.about 10 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes then puree in food processor or blender until smooth, refrigerate until cool.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 – 8 inch cake pans with non stick spray, line bottoms with parchment paper lightly spray parchment paper with non stick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk egg yolks, 1 cup of the sugar, vanilla and 1/3 cup of the strawberry puree until smooth. Add flour mixture and whisk until.well blended.
- In a large bowl.beat egg whites with cream of tarter until.foamy, add remaining 1/4 cup sugar slowly and beat just until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of egg white mixture into egg yolk batter mixture, add remaining in 2 more additions being careful not to deflate but combining completely.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake 13 to 18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes then turn out to cool completely on wire racks.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM.FILLING.
- Have cnopped chocolate in bowl. Heat cream to a simmer either in microwave or on stovetop. Pour cream.over chocolate, let sit 1 minute then stir until.smooth. Refrigerate uncovered until cold.
- When ready to fill cake whip cold chocolate cream until fluffy.
- MAKE STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- Whip cold cream until soft peaks, add confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup strawberry puree and vanilla.Beat just until light and fluffy.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place 1 cake layer bottom side up on serving plate.
- Cover layer with 1/2 of chocolate filling, top with second layer of cake, bottom up and cover with remaing chocolate filling. Top with third layer, also bottom of cake facing up.
- Frost entire cake with the strawberry whipped cream frosting.
- Garnish with chocolate covered Strawberrys, recipe attached below, sparkle sugar, and chocolate shavings https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348550-white-and-dark-chocolate-covered-strawberries.
Just before assembling, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until medium peaks form. Combine strawberry slices with sugar in a large bowl and set aside. Beat cream, powdered sugar and a pinch of salt until soft peaks form. Keep these toppings chilled until you assemble cake. To assemble the cake put one cake on serving platter and arrange half of the strawberries on it.