Eye of Round. Save on Top Products for Every Skin Type. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Join The Beauty Revolution With My Perfect Eyes Today!
Online gourmet butchers may not always stock it as it is effectively a budget cut. The eye of round is a member of a not-so-glamorous group of inexpensive cuts taken from a cow's backside, where some hardworking muscles give way to some less-than-tender cuts of meat. Eye of round, a simple boneless beef roast, is what's called a "whole muscle" cut of beef. You can have Eye of Round using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eye of Round
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of shallot.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of pepper.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of or red wine.
- Prepare 2 of Eye-of-Round steaks.
It's one of the best roasts sliced and served with gravy or for making Beef Wellington….and for leftovers, too. Whether you're cooking eye of round with a slow cooker, InstaPot (Instant Pot), or your oven, this roast is fast, lean, and delicious. Eye of round is a lean, low fat cut that comes from the hindquarters of a cow and tends to be a tougher cut because it sees so much movement. Due to this, it needs some extra TLC with marinating and longer cook times to allow connective tissues to break down.
Eye of Round instructions
- Sauté onion, shallot and garlic in pan with olive oil for 2 minutes on medium-high heat..
- Remove onion, shallot and garlic from pan and place aside. Try to leave as much of the olive oil in pan as possible..
- Mix together salt, pepper and thyme and sprinkle in steaks..
- Lightly coat steaks in the flour..
- Place steaks in pan and sear 5 minutes per side..
- Add broth and wine and the onions, shallot and garlic and cook on high for 2 minutes..
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 45-60 minutes..
Eye of Round steak, the round primal's black sheep, can now be the golden calf with our duly imparted wisdom. It is an inexpensive, lean, and boneless cut that is low fat and low calorie – making it an excellent choice for the family. Eye of Round This extremely lean cut is shaped similar to a Tenderloin, but is much less tender. It's often packaged as a roast or steaks, but can be fabricated into Stew Meat or Cubed Steak. Where This Cut Comes From: Eye of round roast is a modest, lean cut of beef with an inclination to be extreme whenever cooked inappropriately.