Indonesian Chicken satay. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, tomato sauce, peanut oil, garlic, black pepper, and cumin. Place chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat. This will make the meat too dark.
You will almost always find a seller or restaurants and other places to eat that sell this grilled chicken on the stick. Though Satay Chicken is better known as Thai or Malaysian food, it actually originated from Indonesia and the Indonesian version is by far the simplest. The Peanut Sauce is my own – refer to the notes for why I prefer this to the authentic version. You can cook Indonesian Chicken satay using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken satay
- Prepare of Bamboo skewer.
- You need 500 gram of chicken thights.
- You need of Marinated.
- It’s 500 g of chicken thighs , boneless skinless, cut into 2cm pieces.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground ginger.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of galanggal powder.
- You need 1 tsp of lemongrass,cut white soft stem,chop finely.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sweet soy(sweet ketchup).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
It is thick so it is great for dolloping, rather than a thin dipping sauce. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, tomato sauce, peanut oil, garlic, black pepper and cumin. Place chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat. This will make the meat too dark.
Indonesian Chicken satay instructions
- If cooking on a BBQ or over charcoal, soak skewers for 2 hours in water. INDONESIAN chicken satay Mix together the chicken and Marinade with all spices ingredients, then set aside for at least 15 minutes, or overnight at fridge. Thread onto skewers – I do 4 to 5 pieces each. Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Cook skewers in batches for 3.5 minutes on each side until golden /cooked.
- Serve with peanut sauce or soy on the side for dipping. Add a side of Yellow rice or Indo Fried rice to complete the meal❤Enjoy.
In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix through chicken. In a food processor, blend satay sauce ingredients and set aside. Heat a grill pan or BBQ to high. Satay is a popular Indonesian snack. Its usually served with a spicy peanut dipping sauce, but for this recipe its basted with a peanut sauce.