Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! The Best New And Exclusive Varieties For Your Gardens!
Fold in the cheese, jalapeno and bacon. This jalapeño Cornbread Recipe is a nice twist on an ALREADY delish cornbread recipe. The fresh jalapeño diced up in it gives it just a spicy little kick. You can cook Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread
- It’s 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 Cup of cornmeal.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 Cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of beer.
- You need 3 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1/4 stick of butter unmelted.
- It’s 1 Cup of butter melted.
- Prepare 8 of ozs shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Jalapenos 3-4 tablespoons roughly chopped or fresh.
- You need A few of jalapeno slices for the top, optional.
- Prepare 1 1/4 of additional shredded cheese of choice, optional.
Tender fresh cornbread, baked up in a cast-iron skillet, with fresh jalapeños diced up in it is the perfect side dish for hearty chilis and soups. All you need to make this gluten free is Cornmeal, Almond Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Egg, Butter, Almond Milk, Honey, and Jalapeños. In a medium bowl add cornmeal, almond flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix it all together, then add the egg, butter, milk, honey, and Jalapeños.
Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread instructions
- In a large bowl sift dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients including chopped jalapenos and cheese but not the 1/4 cup of additional cheese and fresh jalapenos..
- Quickly add the wet mix to the dry and stir until the batter is almost smooth. It will be very thick..
- Heat oven to 425* and let the batter rest while oven heats up..
- Grease a large cast iron skillet with the 1/4 stick of butter. I drop the butter in my skillet and heat the pan up in the oven until the butter just starts to sizzle. You don't have to heat pan and skillet but it's how I make mine..
- Remove buttered pan from oven if using my heated pan w/butter, with an oven mitt of course. Scrape the batter into the sizzling buttered skillet and smooth the top..
- Bake 30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. If using additional cheese and jalapenos, Bake for about 15 mins remove from oven place the optional jalapenos and optional 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top and place back into the oven and cook another 15-20 minutes until golden brown, or a toothpick comes out clean..
Fluffy and Spicy Jalapeño Skillet Cornbread. Warm cornbread served straight from a cast iron skillet is a delicious accompaniment to a bowl of chili, pulled pork, or baked beans. Many people consider cornbread to be one of their favorite. To a mixing bowl, add cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, and whisk to combine well. To another large mixing bowl, add milk, eggs, melted butter and honey.