Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers. Brush a baking tray with vegetable oil. Carefully thread each chicken strip onto a skewer, lining up the skewers on the baking tray. Thread the marinated chicken on the skewers.
Serve with Peanut Sauce and Fast Pickled Cucumber. Thread the chicken on the skewers. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. You can cook Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers
- You need 1 1/3 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger root, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of agave nectar.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cucumbers, diced, for garnish.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of powdered peanut butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tsp of red curry paste.
- It’s 3 tbsp of unsweetened coconut milk, light.
- You need 1 lb of chicken, cut into strips.
Thread each chicken strip onto a skewer. These chicken skewers are great as an appetiser to any meal or even just for portable party snacking! In a pestle and mortar, bash together the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sugar, ginger. Thread the chicken tenders onto the skewers.
Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers step by step
- Marinate chicken in 1 tbsp lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, agave nectar, and garlic. (1 hour – overnight).
- Preheat grill on medium high heat.
- Sauce – whisk – coconut milk, peanut butter powder, water, curry paste, and 1 tsp lime juice.
- Cook skewers for about 3-4 minutesper side, until cooked through.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
Brush grill grates with oil and place chicken skewers on the grill. Thread onto skewers and spray with cooking oil spray. Heat a non stick fry pan over medium-high and spray with the remaining cooking oil spray. You can also cook these on a BBQ sprayed with oil. Preheat outdoor grill, stovetop grill pan or broiler.