Caesar Salad Recipe. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! A classic recipe for a reason, this chicken Caesar salad is delicious and satisfying.
Slowly whisk in the oils to emulsify. Season, to taste, with salt and. Caesar salad is always popular — as a side or an entree. You can have Caesar Salad Recipe using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caesar Salad Recipe
- It’s of finely grated Parmesan cheese: 7 ½ tbsp. of cheese for the sauce and another 7 ½ tbsp. to finish the dressing of the salad).
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of egg yolk.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- It’s of anchovy fillet.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain (5 tbsps. to make the flavored oil and 5 tbsp. to make the dressing).
- Prepare of heart of washed romaine lettuce.
- It’s of homemade croutons (Recipe beside).
- Prepare of For the homemade croûtons:.
- Prepare of bread cut into 1cm squares.
- Prepare of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare of garlic clove, peeled and chopped.
- You need of finely grated Parmesan cheese (: 2 ½ tbsps. to melt with the croûtons, and a second 1 ½ tbsps. for a second melting with the croutons).
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of freshly ground black pepper.
These variations are sure to be hits at your table. In this classic Caesar salad recipe, you might notice that our dressing isn't milk-white like the kind you'd find at the grocery store. That's because most Caesar dressings nowadays call for ingredients like mayonnaise, buttermilk or sour cream. The traditional recipe actually consists solely of egg yolk, mustard, anchovies.
Caesar Salad Recipe step by step
- In a medium bowl mix the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain with the chopped garlic and stir with a mixing spoon for 30 seconds. Strain into a large bowl, pressing with a spoon to remove the maximum possible amount of oil, leaving the garlic behind. Set aside the pressed garlic..
- Put the bread in the garlic oil and stir to coat well and evenly. Add 2 ½ tbsps. of finely grated Parmesan cheese, the salt and pepper, and stir well. Transfer to a pan and cook until the croûtons are lightly browned and crisp (about 15 minutes). Remove from the pan and add a further 1 ½ tbsps of finely grated Parmesan and stir. Set it aside to cool..
- Mix the egg yolk, lemon juice, anchovy, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Blend it with a hand-held mixer, food processor or blender..
- Finally, add 4 tbsps. of Parmesan and blend it once more..
- Cut the stem of the lettuce and separate the leaves until they are all loose. Cut the larger leaves in two and keep the small leaves whole..
- Put the leaves in a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons of dressing, you may add more if wanted. Using a fork and a salad spoon or with a gloved hand, toss the leaves until they are well covered with the dressing, the remaining Parmesan and the homemade croûtons, stir again..
- To serve, put the leaves on a plate and put the homemade croûtons on top of them. Add more Parmesan on top if you like..
You don't have to eat out to enjoy a great-tasting Caesar salad. In a bowl or jar combine oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, garlic and lemon juice. Chop together anchovy fillets, garlic, and pinch of salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste, then scrape into a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients.