Chicken satay. GROWN-UPS the rest is for you. Put the chicken in the sandwich bag, one breast at a time, getting your child to. Method In a medium-sized bowl, combine the marinade ingredients, stirring to combine.
Heat a wok over high heat until it is very hot, then add the groundnut. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and soy sauce; season to taste with salt. French chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, who has worked in Asia for many years, serves a. You can have Chicken satay using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken satay
- It’s 2 of lb1kg of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1 cup of (⅓ lb/155g) roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of cloves, minced garlic.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of chopped chilli pepper.
- It’s of 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemongrass.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of (12 fl oz/375ml) coconut milk.
- You need 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, curry powder, garlic and hot sauce. Place the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate. For the chicken satay: Take the chicken breast and tenderise by bashing in a food bag until thin. Slice into strips and put to one side.
Chicken satay step by step
- Cut the chicken lengthwise into strips, set aside..
- To make the satay sauce, put peanut in a blender or food processor and process until crushed. Heat 1tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, chilli pepper, lemongrass, Curry power, and cumin, and cook stirring, until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the peanuts, coconut milk, sugar, lemon juice and stir until heated through, 5 minutes More. Set aside.
- Prepare a fire in a charcoal or gas grill..
- Thread the chicken strips into skewers and brush them with the remaining oil. Grill until cooked through, 8_10 minutes, turning the skewers once. Spoon the satay sauce over the chicken or pass it separately for guests to help them selves 😉..
Mix the satay ingredients in a bowl and transfer ¾ to a. Chicken satay tastes delicious straight from the grill, but the creamy peanut dipping sauce with its subtle spicy, sweet note truly adds that special touch. And be warned: It is highly addictive. To make satay at home, you'll marinate strips of chicken or beef in a flavorful combination of lemongrass, garlic, chiles, galangal, and a few spices. Soy sauce and fish sauce, along with brown sugar, give the marinade a sweet-salty foundation that adds to its intrigue.