Banana Walnut French Toast. Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Peel the bananas into a small bowl and mash them with a fork. Stir in the walnuts and the nutmeg. You can have Banana Walnut French Toast using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Walnut French Toast
- Prepare 1 of Banana Walnut Loaf (Check out my recipe for Vegan Banana Walnut Loaf) sliced into single servings..
- Prepare 5 large of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 5 tsp of Water.
- You need of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1 large of Skillet.
- It’s 1 of Spatula.
- Prepare 1 of Spoonful of Butter to every 3-4 slices of bread.
- You need 1 large of Mixing Bowl.
- You need cup of maple syrup.
- It’s tsp of powdered sugar.
Top with the remaining bread slices and press down gently to seal. Combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in the mixer bowl. For a heartier take on banana-nut bread, spread a mixture of bananas, brown sugar, and walnuts between slices of golden brioche before battering and frying. Line up the resulting French toast sandwiches on a large platter, and top with the remaining warm banana mixture before serving for brunch.
Banana Walnut French Toast step by step
- Gather All Ingredients.
- In large bowl beat 5 large eggs with 5 teaspoons water..
- Beat in Sugar and Ground Cinnimon..
- Completely submerge and Soak slices of bread individually or 2 at a time in the beaten egg mixture for 20-30 seconds..
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Place soaked bread slices on heated pan until golden brown on one side. Then flip and cook until both sides have been completely toasted..
- Place on plate and serve. Goes great with maple syrup or with powdered sugar sprinkled over the top..
Serve immediately, topped with banana slices, blueberries, walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup, if liked. This vegan French toast casserole is made with crusty bread chunks slathered in banana batter and topped with a crunchy brown sugar walnut crust. A crowd-pleasing dish that's perfect for brunch! It's official: this is my new go-to brunch recipe. I loosely decided that as soon as I popped this in the oven.