Oooey gooey Ruben. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Great Products On eBay.
If your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to consume. Great recipe for Oooey gooey Ruben. You can have Oooey gooey Ruben using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oooey gooey Ruben
- You need 10 slice of rye bread (your choice here, i used american rye).
- You need 2 lb of corned beef (i used skunkmonkeys recipe on here but deli corned beef works just as well).
- You need 5 slice of swiss cheese.
- It’s 1 small of can of sauerkraut.
- You need 1 of thousand island dressing (i think wishbone is best with this).
- You need 1 of enough butter to butter both sides of each slice of bread.
This is absolutely the best rubens ever!!!! I have done them with reg deli corned beef n they r just as good. These are hands down better then any Ruben I have had in any restaurant!!! love love love!!!! ~(o.o)~ Oooey gooey Ruben instructions. While oven is heating add the sauerkraut to a small saucepan over med heat, I like to sprinkle a lil Brown sugar in mine to sweeten it a bit also a lil ground pepper.
Oooey gooey Ruben instructions
- Preheat oven to 450°F. While oven is heating add the sauerkraut to a small saucepan over med heat, I like to sprinkle a lil Brown sugar in mine to sweeten it a bit also a lil ground pepper. Next heat a med skillet over med heat and add corned beef and just let warm up, don't let it cook to fast or too long, it will burn!.
- While everything is heating butter one side of 5 slices of bread and lay butter side down onto baking sheet, spread a lil bit of the dressing on the top side..
- Top with big piles of corned beef, then the kraut, then pour a lil more sauce on top of the kraut and top with your cheese. Put into oven and bake just until it turns golden Brown on bottom n cheese is melted. While this is in the oven doin its thang butter one side of the last 5 slices of bread, add to the top and set in your oven on broil til top gets brown..
Next heat a med skillet over med heat and add corned beef and just let warm up, don't let it cook to fast or too long, it will burn!. While everything is heating butter one. The mixture of cornstarch and water that seems to be half solid and half liquid. Often times, food coloring (especially green) is added to make it more interesting. Enjoy this ooey gooey grilled cheese madness with bacon and onion jam and garlic herb butter.