Pot Roast. Read customer reviews & Find best sellers. Check Out Pot Roast Dish on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
Next lightly brown the onions, carrots, celery and swede, then remove them temporarily to the plate, too. Heat a casserole pot on the hob over medium high heat. Put the chicken into a large casserole dish, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. You can cook Pot Roast using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- It’s 3-4 lb of boneless chuck roast, trimmed.
- It’s 2 of large yellow onions; large dice.
- You need 3 stalks of celery; large dice.
- You need 3 of carrots; about 1/4" inch thick.
- Prepare 2 of large Idaho potatoes; peeled & large dice.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic; creamed.
- You need 4 C of beef stock.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 T of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 T of fresh rosemary; minced.
- It’s 2 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- It’s 1/4 C of worcestershire sauce.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- It’s as needed of vegetable oil.
- Prepare as needed of fresh parsley; minced.
Grease the ceramic pot of the slow cooker. Season roast with salt and pepper. Place beef in pot with fat side up. This method of cooking pork stops it drying out and keeps it juicy and soft.
Pot Roast step by step
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Season roast with half the thyme and rosemary, salt, and pepper..
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe pot or dutch oven. Sear roast on all sides and remove to a plate..
- Add onions, carrots, and the remaining rosemary and thyme. Cook until onions begin to caramelize. Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds..
- Add tomato paste. Cook 1 minute..
- Add worcestershire sauce. Scrape up any brown bits remaining on the bottom of the pot. Cook until nearly dry..
- Return roast to pot. Add broth and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer. Cover..
- Transfer to oven. Cook for 3-4 hours or until roast is tender..
- Garnish with parsley..
- Variations; Cola, roasted garlic, bouqet garni, canola oil, bacon fat, crushed pepper flakes, red potatoes, fingerlings, sweet potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, parsnip, butternut squash, acorn squash, scallions, chives, leeks, red wine, beer, root beer, oregano, zucchini, green beans, bell peppers, jalapeños, paprika, shallots, pearl onion, asparagus, fennel, dried onion soup mix, chile puree, mushrooms.
You also end up with a wonderful rich sticky sauce! Heat an appropriately sized casserole-type pan, add a lug of olive oil and sweat the onions and garlic gently until soft. Then remove it from the oven and transfer it, together with any juices, to a deep pot. Surround the chicken with the vegetables, herbs and garlic, and pour over sufficient water to not quite cover the bird, adding the giblets as well. Melt the butter in a flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat, add the pork and brown well on all sides.