Caesar Salad Recipe. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Caesar Salad on eBay.
This salad has so much to celebrate: salty cured ham, juicy chicken breasts, crunchy croûtons and a creamy dressing. Remove with a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl and season with salt. Anchovies ensure this creamy Caesar salad is loaded with flavour. You can cook Caesar Salad Recipe using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caesar Salad Recipe
- It’s 15 tbsp. of finely grated Parmesan cheese: 7 ½ tbsp. of cheese for the sauce and another 7 ½ tbsp. to finish the dressing of the salad).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of anchovy fillet.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 10 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain (5 tbsps. to make the flavored oil and 5 tbsp. to make the dressing).
- Prepare 1 of heart of washed romaine lettuce.
- Prepare 1 cup of homemade croutons (Recipe beside).
- You need of For the homemade croûtons:.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of bread cut into 1cm squares.
- It’s 5 tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsp. of finely grated Parmesan cheese (: 2 ½ tbsps. to melt with the croûtons, and a second 1 ½ tbsps. for a second melting with the croutons).
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper.
The homemade garlic croutons are essential! A great way to use up old bread. Serve this as a starter or make it into a meal with the addition of chicken or salmon. A variation on the classic Caesar.
Caesar Salad Recipe step by step
- In a medium bowl mix the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain with the chopped garlic and stir with a mixing spoon for 30 seconds. Strain into a large bowl, pressing with a spoon to remove the maximum possible amount of oil, leaving the garlic behind. Set aside the pressed garlic..
- Put the bread in the garlic oil and stir to coat well and evenly. Add 2 ½ tbsps. of finely grated Parmesan cheese, the salt and pepper, and stir well. Transfer to a pan and cook until the croûtons are lightly browned and crisp (about 15 minutes). Remove from the pan and add a further 1 ½ tbsps of finely grated Parmesan and stir. Set it aside to cool..
- Mix the egg yolk, lemon juice, anchovy, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Blend it with a hand-held mixer, food processor or blender..
- Finally, add 4 tbsps. of Parmesan and blend it once more..
- Cut the stem of the lettuce and separate the leaves until they are all loose. Cut the larger leaves in two and keep the small leaves whole..
- Put the leaves in a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons of dressing, you may add more if wanted. Using a fork and a salad spoon or with a gloved hand, toss the leaves until they are well covered with the dressing, the remaining Parmesan and the homemade croûtons, stir again..
- To serve, put the leaves on a plate and put the homemade croûtons on top of them. Add more Parmesan on top if you like..
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the cubes of bread, tossing regularly to coat in the oil. Fry until golden brown, then season and drain on kitchen paper. Drain on kitchen paper as well. Break into bite-size pieces, then toss through the salad along with the chicken. Or halve an avocado, peel, then remove the stone and thickly slice the flesh.