Malaysian chicken satay with peanut Sauce. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
A bit of time marinading, a hot grill (inside or out), and a delicious, easy to whip up peanut sauce is such a treat! Two of the most familiar versions of chicken satay are native to Thailand and Malaysia, but they're notably different. Whereas Thai satay tends to be relatively sweet and rich thanks to coconut milk and sugar both in the paste that coats the meat and in the peanut-based dipping sauce, the Malaysian version skews more herbal and savory. You can cook Malaysian chicken satay with peanut Sauce using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malaysian chicken satay with peanut Sauce
- It’s 800 g of Chicken thigh, cut into strips.
- Prepare 3 of Onions chopped.
- It’s 2 of lemongrass (white part), chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2-3 slices of ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground coriander 1/2 tsp ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt 1 Tbsp oil.
- Prepare of Garnish: Cucumber cut into wedges Spring onions.
- You need of Peanut sauce::.
- Prepare 6 of dry chili (seeded and soaked in hot water for 5 mins).
- It’s 2 of onions, coarsely chopped 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass (white part), coarsely chopped.
- You need 2 slice of ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of peanut butter.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Tamarind puree (Soak 1 Tbsp of Tamarind paste into 4Tbsp of hot water to get the puree).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Place over a medium heat and bring to boil, stirring every now and then to prevent it sticking to the bottom. To make the peanut sauce: Add the onions, garlic, ginger and lemongrass to a small blender and puree till smooth. Remove to a small pot and add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well. To make the Peanut Dipping sauce.
Malaysian chicken satay with peanut Sauce instructions
- Method for Satay:: Blend onions, lemongrass, garlic and ginger using food processor until it becomes a smooth paste. Mix the paste with chicken and add ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, brown sugar, salt and oil and combine well. Cover with cling wrap and marinate in the fridge for 2hrs or over night if you can..
- Soak skewers in water while you are marinating chicken to prevent them from burning. Thread the chicken onto the skewers and brush oil on top..
- Grill in oven for couple of minutes on each side or you can use grilled pan / BBQ to cook! Serve with cucumber and Spring onion along with peanut sauce..
- Method for peanut Sauce:: Blend chili, onions, garlic, lemongrass, and ginger using hand blender or food processor until it becomes a smooth paste. Add oil and mix well..
- Heat a medium pot and add the paste and chili powder, cook for 8 -10 minutes until fragrant and colour is slightly darker. Add peanut butter, Tamarind puree, sugar and a cup of water to the pot and bring to boil. Stir occasionally..
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes until the sauce has thickened and oil is on the surface of the sauce. Season with salt. Turn off the heat and serve with satay:::.
In a bowl combine peanut butter, red chili powder, turmeric powder, brown sugar and water. Mix well to make a thick paste. Adjust with extra water for thin consistency. Serve the Chicken satay with peanut sauce along with raw onion & cucumbers! Notes While pan is heating, thread chicken onto skewers.