Satay chicken with cucumber salad 🥗. Chicken satay is a popular Thai dish which, when made in the traditional way, involves many ingredients and plenty of effort. Using an authentic prepared version leaves more time to concentrate on a fresh-tasting, crunchy cucumber salad to go with it. Spicy Peanut Chicken Satay with Cucumber Salad.
Whether Friday nights with friends or kids birthday parties, chicken satay is a perfect dish to serve as a starter or snack. With the goodness of coconut milk and peanut butter sauce, this rich-in. An easy to make, guaranteed winner-dinner that all the family will love. You can cook Satay chicken with cucumber salad 🥗 using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Satay chicken with cucumber salad 🥗
- Prepare of Chicken satay.
- It’s of Thumb size piece fresh ginger.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- It’s 1 tsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of medium curry powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of smooth peanut butter.
- Prepare 500 g of chicken breast strips.
- It’s 165 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare of Glug olive oil.
- It’s of Cucumber salad.
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of golden caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- Prepare of Small bunch coriander leaves.
- You need of To serve.
- Prepare of White boiled rice.
- You need of Lime wedges.
This is equally as delicious cooked on a griddle pan, or on the barbecue. Hey presto, delicious home made easy chicken satay with a cucumber salad and sticky rice, for a shade over a fiver! Both the salad and the chicken could be upscaled and downscaled really easily, you can also griddle or BBQ the chicken too. If you like this recipe for easy chicken satay and want to see more delicious recipes click here.
Satay chicken with cucumber salad 🥗 instructions
- Peel and grate the ginger and add to a bowl..
- Crush the garlic and add to the ginger..
- Zest the lime and add to the garlic and ginger. Cut the lime and squeeze all the juice into the bowl..
- Now add the honey, soy, curry powder, peanut butter and stir well. If it’s a bit thick add some water till you have the consistency of thick cream..
- Remove 2/3rds of the mixture and put into a saucepan..
- On a chopping board with a roll pin whack the chicken till it’s in thin strips. Now add this to the bowl with the 1/3rd peanut mixture. Leave to marinade….. ⏰.
- Add the rice on to cook. I use 1/4 mug rice per person and double the amount of cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and let simmer for 12mins..
- In the saucepan with the peanut mixture add the coconut milk and simmer for 10mins..
- Meanwhile add the chicken onto skewers (try to keep them flat so they cook quickly). Put some oil in a frying pan and fry on a medium heat – 5 mins on each side till thoroughly cooked through..
- Whilst the chicken is cooking prep the salad. Add the vinegar, sugar, sweet chilli and coriander to a bowl. Using a spiraliser or a peeler make strips off cucumber and add to the mixture..
- Serve up together and enjoy..
This easy Thai Cucumber Salad recipe is light and refreshing! It is the perfect relish to go alongside Chicken Satay and Peanut Sauce. Quickly pickled cucumbers, shallots, peppers, and cilantro come together to make the perfect summer side dish for anything coming off the grill, whether it be Thai food or your regular grill menu! Add the sweet chilli, if using, then pour over the cucumber. Add coriander if your child likes it, or serve on the side for the grown-ups.