Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions. Great recipe for Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions. Here's an easy, authentic, spicy German Bratwurst we used to eat in the streets of Frankfurt all the time as kids. It'll be a great treat for the men in your life too!
Shuck your fresh corn clean of all fibers. Add water, whole milk, butter and salt to a large pot for corn. We provide you only the perfect Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions recipe here. You can have Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions using 25 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions
- You need of ● For The German Brats.
- Prepare of LG German Spicy Bratwursts [they only come in 5's].
- You need of Dark Worsteiners German Beers.
- It’s of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need of ● For The Carmelized Onions.
- You need of EX LG Evenly Sliced Vidalia Onions [no substitutes].
- You need of LG Ladle Brat Beer Broth.
- You need of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare of ● For The Breads.
- You need of LG Sturdy German Pretzel Hot Dog Buns [see photo].
- You need of Garlic Butter [to grill pretzel buns].
- It’s of ● For The Brat Sides [as needed].
- Prepare of Authentic German Sourkraut [usually found in bags – not jars].
- It’s of Inglehoffers Stone Ground Mustard [no substitutes – see photo].
- Prepare of ● For The Corn On The Cob.
- It’s of LG Ears Corn On the Cob [de-husked].
- Prepare of Whole Milk [to sweeten corn].
- You need of Water [enough to cover corn].
- You need of Salted Butter.
- You need of Sea Salt.
- You need of Additional Butter For Service.
We also have wide variety of recipes to try. Before you jump to Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy. Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious.
Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions step by step
- Shuck your fresh corn clean of all fibers..
- Add water, whole milk, butter and salt to a large pot for corn..
- At the same time, score your brats on the bias. [see photos #6 and #9 below for a description of bias].
- Boil brats in two bottles quality stout German beers, granulated garlic powder & granulated onion powder on high for 8 minutes. Then, pull out brats but, reserve it's stout broth..
- Add one large ladle of seasoned beer broth, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper to a pan with your sliced Vidalia Onions. Cover and steam until veggies are translucent. Uncover and allow onions to carmelize slightly..
- Grill brats until a char has developed on them..
- Fully sautéed and carmelized Vidalia onions hit with a dash of dried chives pictured..
- Place grilled brats in grilled onion mixture and cover until ready for service. Coat them in onion juices..
- Pretzel buns required pictured. Slice 3/4 of the way open, coat with garlic butter and grill open faced until slightly charred..
- German Beer pictured..
- German Stone Ground Mustard pictured..
- Authentic German Sourkraut pictured..
- German Sourkraut pictured..
- Stack your brats on thick grilled pretzel buns with German mustard, sourkraut and sautéd onions. Serve with buttery corn on the cob to the side. Enjoy!.
It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions is something which I've loved my whole life. Place the sauerkraut and chopped apples in a crock-pot; stir to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, mustard, and beer.