Peanut Sauce for Asian Satay – Kuah Kacang. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Peanut Sauce for Asian Satay – Kuah Kacang Pinkblanket's Tiny Kitchen Australia 🇦🇺 Made with real peanuts instead of bottled peanut butter. Obviously tedious but personally we like this better.
Made with real peanuts instead of bottled peanut butter. Obviously tedious but personally we like this better. Family members never like ready made store bought peanut sauce. #satay #malaysianfood #peanutbutter #sauce #gravy #dip. You can cook Peanut Sauce for Asian Satay – Kuah Kacang using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut Sauce for Asian Satay – Kuah Kacang
- It’s of A. Blend.
- You need 2 C of dried chilli- cut, seeded, soaked & softened.
- You need 1 of large brown onion.
- It’s 1 stalk of lemon grass- thinly sliced.
- You need of B. Other ingredients.
- It’s 600 g of dry roasted unsalted peanut.
- Prepare of (Coarsely ground).
- It’s 2 C of finely minced brown onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of tamarind paste + 1/4 c water.
- It’s 1-3/4 C of cooking oil.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of coconut/palm sugar/sugar.
- Prepare 3-4 C of water.
- It’s of to taste Chicken seasoning/bullion/salt.
- You need of Note:.
- Prepare 1 of . Chili – adjust chilies accordingly. Add more chilies if u prefer something hotter.
Satay Peanut Sauce (Kuah Kacang Sate) instructions Blend the toasted peanuts, shallots, garlic, ginger, chillies, blender until smooth. Alternatively the toasted peanuts can be grounded coarsely and mixed with the blended paste. In a pot add the cooking oil and heat it until hot. It's Peanut sauce or in Malaysia it is well known as Satay Sauce or "Kuah Satay @ Kuah Kacang".
Peanut Sauce for Asian Satay – Kuah Kacang instructions
- Blend ingredients in A with few tbsp of water. Prepare B. Crush peanuts using mortar & pestle or food processor. Mince onions. Mix & dilute tamarind paste in 1/4 c of water. Discard any skin, keep the juice. Set everything aside..
- In a sauce pan or a wok, heat oil on medium heat. Add minced onion & sauté for a minute, then add A (blended ingredients, fry until aromatic..
- Add ground peanuts, tamarind juice, sugar & water, stir to combine. Season with salt or chicken bullion/powder. Leave to simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally. Taste & adjust seasoning or water. Sauce will thickened once cooled. Adjust consistency (water 3-4 C). Sauce is done once its lightly thickened. Serve with Satay, steamed glutinous rice or plain warm rice..
I often served it with Chicken/Beef Satay @ grilled skewed chicken/beef and Nasi himpit @ Compressed Rice. Satay Peanut Sauce (Kuah Kacang Sate) Ikhwan Arif. It's actually just called Peanut Sauce. Usually serve with Satay, and also often with rice cakes (Nasi Impit). There are numerous versions of Peanut Sauce in Indonesia and Malaysia, I myself prefer the Bali version with real lime juice.