Oven Stew. Save Big On A Great Range, All With Free Delivery. Pay With Paypal For A Fast Checkout. Place the meat into to a large ovenproof casserole dish and add the celery, carrots, garlic, swede and parsnips.
Remove the beef from the pan. Heat a glug of oil in a casserole (one with a lid) over a medium heat. Cover with a lid, transfer the pan to the oven and bake for one hour. You can cook Oven Stew using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Stew
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of round steak (cut in 1 inch pieces).
- You need 2 cup of potatoes (cut in big chunks).
- Prepare 2 cup of carrots (big pieces).
- Prepare 1 cup of celery (big pieces).
- It’s 1 cup of onions (big pieces).
- Prepare 1 can of tomato soup (10 ounces).
- It’s 2 can of water (use empty soup can).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper and garlic to taste.
For the dumplings, mix the flour, suet, baking powder and a. Transfer the chicken out of the dutch oven to a plate. Then add some of the chicken stock while scraping to loosen browned bits from the bottom. Fall-apart beef cooked in the oven or the slow cooker – this Scottish beef stew is my favourite Scottish recipe and perfect for Burns night!.
Oven Stew instructions
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Assemble meat and vegetables in a deep 9×13 casserole dish or a cast iron dutch oven in the order given and season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Combine soup, water, sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk until smooth..
- Pour soup mixture over layered meat and vegetables. Cook covered at 250° for 5 hours.
If you've never heard of Robert Burns, you'll no doubt have heard one of his most famous works – Auld Lang Syne. That wonderful tune we (probably slightly drunkenly) sing to say farewell to the previous year as we bring in the new year. Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper. Peel and roughly chop the onion, peel and quarter the parsnips and peel and halve the carrots. Deseed and roughly dice the squash, and peel and halve the Jerusalem artichokes (if using).