Pot Roast. Read customer reviews & Find best sellers. Start a free trial today on Audible. Download your first audiobook for free.
Next lightly brown the onions, carrots, celery and swede, then remove them temporarily to the plate, too. Heat a casserole pot on the hob over medium high heat. Put the chicken into a large casserole dish, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. You can cook Pot Roast using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- Prepare 3-4 pound of beef roast.
- You need 2 lbs of baby carrots.
- You need 6 of large potatoes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of worchestire sauce.
- It’s of RUB – I tbsp each salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.
- It’s 1 packet of beef stew seasoning (any brand).
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Grease the ceramic pot of the slow cooker. Season roast with salt and pepper. Place beef in pot with fat side up. Melt the butter in a flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat, add the pork and brown well on all sides.
Pot Roast step by step
- Mix ingredients for rub. Use 3/4 of it to coat all sides of roast..
- Heat skillet on high. Add worcestershire sauce. Sear each side of the roast in a very hot pan..
- Place roast in center of roasting pan. Cut potatoes into 4s. Place potatoes and carrots around roast. Sprinkle the reminder of the rub over meat, potatoes and carrots..
- Mix beef stew packet with 1/2 cup water. It will be thick! Drizzle it all over the meat, potatoes and carrots..
- Cover and bake at 250 for 2 1/2 hours. After the first hour add a 1/2 cup of water. Baste every half hour..
- After finished cooking let sit for 15 minutes. Slice meat..
- Serve with the potatoes and carrots. Broth will be thick and rich! Enjoy!.
- I've made this for large gatherings. Always a crowd pleaser!.
- Another look at a larger roast. Just add extra potatoes and carrots!.
Remove the pork and add the swede, carrot and. This method of cooking pork stops it drying out and keeps it juicy and soft. You also end up with a wonderful rich sticky sauce! Heat an appropriately sized casserole-type pan, add a lug of olive oil and sweat the onions and garlic gently until soft. Then remove it from the oven and transfer it, together with any juices, to a deep pot.