Baked Shrimp Scamp. Free UK delivery on eligible orders! Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on. OPTIONAL: Starting from the outer edge of your skillet or dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer towards the centre of the pan.
Place shrimps on your baking dish and top with butter and olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients. Gently toss to combine then arrange in a single layer. You can cook Baked Shrimp Scamp using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Shrimp Scamp
- It’s 1 kg (2 pounds) of shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails on or off.
- You need 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You need 2 tablespoons of white wine (optional — sub with extra lemon juice or chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of brown shallot, minced.
- You need 1/3 cup of melted butter, divided.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes or more, to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley leaves.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges to serve.
Place shrimp, butter, EVOO, garlic and chopped parsley in roasting or casserole dish. Mix the shrimp up halfway through cooking to make sure it fully cooks. Arrange shrimp in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter, then whisk in lemon juice, minced garlic and minced parsley; pour half of the garlic butter mixture over shrimp and stir the shrimp around until well combined.
Baked Shrimp Scamp instructions
- Heat oven to 220°C | 425º F. In a well-seasoned oven-proof skillet or baking dish, combine the shrimp, lemon juice, white wine, shallots, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- OPTIONAL: Starting from the outer edge of your skillet or dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer towards the centre of the pan. Set aside..
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley; mix well..
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp and bake for 12 minutes, or until hot and bubbling, and the shrimp are ‘just’ cooked through. Change oven settings to broil or grill for a further minute or so, until the top is crispy and golden..
- Garnish with remaining parsley, squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges..
Arrange shrimp in a single layer inside the baking dish. Baked Shrimp Scampi with jumbo shrimp baked in a white wine, lemon and butter sauce with buttery toasted panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Place baking dish with shrimp on the middle rack in the oven. In the meantime, bring a medium-size pot filled with water to a boil. How to make Easy Baked Shrimp Scampi.