Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala. Red Lentil Soup with Garam Masala Garam means "hot" and masala means "spiced," though the mixture is not chili-hot. Instead the classic garam masala spices called for in the recipe-cardamom,. Pour the water over the vegetables and add the lentils.
This soup is deeply flavorful, thanks to generous amounts of garam masala, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic, and turmeric. The color in this soup = all the pretty, smoky spices. So let's thumb our collective noses at sub-zero temps and make some extra tasty, warms-you-to-the-bones red lentil masala soup. You can have Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala
- It’s of dried red lentils (cooking time about 20min).
- You need of chicken stock.
- You need of cumin.
- Prepare of onion.
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of ripe tomatoes (can).
- It’s of or fresh parsley.
- It’s of fresh ginger root.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- It’s of garam masala indian spicemix (see also my recipe).
- Prepare of some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.
- It’s of optional:.
- You need of small red chili pepper if you like it more hot.
Masoor Dal Recipe (Indian Red Lentils) Masoor Dal is a classic, traditional Indian dish made with red lentils. Lentils are an everyday staple throughout India, an especially important staple for those regions that enjoy a predominantly vegetarian diet. Lentils are nutritious and a great source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron and zinc. Healthy red and brown lentils, Indian garam masala, chili peppers and creamy coconut make it an exotic, spicy, creamy and absolutely delicious meal.
Indian Red lentil soup with Garam Masala step by step
- Wash the red lentils and put aside.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop fine and put aside.
- If you want to use the chili pepper wash it then cut it open and remove the seeds and cut fine and put aside.
- Peel the skin from the ginger root, grate it and put aside.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes into cubes and put aside with juice.
- Put a 2 liter soup pan on medium heat with some olive oil, add the onion, garlic and optional the red chili pepper and fry slowly untill the onion is soft and looks glassy.
- Now add the grated ginger root, the garam masala and cumin and slowly fry for another minute or to release all the flavours.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock and red lentils and bring to boil.
- Let boil for about 20 min then blend smooth with an electrical hand blender, add the coconut milk and boil another minute.
- Add pepper and salt to taste and garnish with some parsley.
Jump to the recipe You'll love this dish. The salads are seasoned with Indian spices., main. Indian Recipes. a closed vessel with chilli powder,white at home., cook method: Fry, cuisine: Indian. Melinda Winner's Six Layer Key Lime cake. Red lentils are easy to find, and should be stocked at most grocery stores.