Oven fry steak. Traditional Aga Sauteing & Fry Pans Performance and Durability Browse our great range of cookware. Enjoy a free UK delivery on eligible orders! When your oven comes to temperature, use an oven mitt to carefully remove the skillet, add your steaks, put the skillet back in the oven and cook until it's deeply seared on one side.
Remove steak (s) from the refrigerator. Sprinkle on desired amount of garlic powder, salt & pepper to each side of the steak (s). Heat a heavy-based frying pan until very hot but not smoking. You can have Oven fry steak using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven fry steak
- You need 500 grams of of round steak.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of of steak seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each of onion and garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of of olive oil for frying.
- It’s 1 of oven prove pan.
- It’s 1/2 cup of of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of of flour.
- It’s 1 of half onion slices.
- It’s 1 tbsp of of butter.
Drizzle some oil into the pan and leave for a moment. Add the steak, a knob of butter, some garlic and robust herbs, if you want. Oil a cast iron skillet or other oven-safe pan with a nice coating of neutral oil and begin to heat it on a burner over high heat. The steak will start off over the burner, but the bulk of the cooking will be done in the oven.
Oven fry steak instructions
- Marinated the beef with steak seasoning, soy sauce, salt, pepper , onion and garlic powder. Give it little massage to get all flavor get through the steak.
- In the heating pan add olive oil put the beef and fry each side about 5 minutes not to cooked but to brown..
- Preheated the oven at 190 c ..
- Remove steak from heat and bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the pan and used the same pan to make gravy ,by frying butter and onion till brown add beef broth let's boil and stir in flour.
- Slices the steak and serve with gravy.
This method is used by chefs, cooks and restaurateurs the world over. Place a large skillet in the oven while it is heating. Remove pan from oven and place on the stove over high heat. Dry steaks with a paper towel. Turn on your oven and let it warm up as you finish preparing the steak.