Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Looking For Whole Wheat Pizza Crust? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Using whole wheat pizza dough takes your pizza to a whole new level.
This whole wheat pizza dough is light, tender, with a slight crunch to its chewy texture. Whole wheat flour yields dough with just a hint of nutty wheat flavor. All-purpose flour works well if that's what you have on hand. You can cook Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Yeast.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Honey.
- It’s 1 cup of Lukewarm water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Semolina.
In a food processor add whole wheat and all purpose flours, proofed yeast, oil mixed with honey and salt. Pulse processor to combine all ingredients. Then process until the dough forms a ball on. Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a food processor; pulse to mix.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough step by step
- In mixing bowl add yeast, honey, olive oil and water. Whisk together and set aside..
- In medium bowl add whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt and garlic salt. Mix..
- Add flour mix to yeast mix. Use hook attachment on low setting. Once dough begins to pull off the sides remove hook. Cover bowl with towel and set aside until doubles in size..
- Use semolina on counter to shape dough. Add desired toppings and bake 15 minutes at 400°F on a pizza stone or baking sheet..
Combine hot water and oil in a measuring cup. With the motor running, gradually pour in enough of the hot liquid until the mixture forms a sticky ball. The dough should be quite soft. Using whole wheat pizza dough takes your pizza to a whole new level. So many people turn up their noses at whole wheat, claiming it being dense, tough and tasting bland.