Beer Bread. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Sift the flours into a mixing bowl and add the salt.
Most of these beer bread recipes are quick breads, meaning they don't require yeast or rising times, so you can just mix up your batter and stick it in the oven. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Early bread and beer have exactly the same ingredients – water and cereal. You can cook Beer Bread using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer Bread
- You need of Self-Rising Flour.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- It’s of Beer (room temperature).
- Prepare of butter (melted).
The only difference was that the cereal was ground for bread. The yeast that makes bread rise and beer alcoholic entered the equation by accident; the mixtures were left open to the air, and wild yeasts on the wind got in. How to make Beer Bread In a medium bowl add sifted flour mixture and sugar, beer and part of the melted butter. Mix together with a wooden spoon just until combined.
Beer Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place flour and sugar in a medium size bowl and stir.
- Add beer and stir just enough to get dry ingredients moistened..
- Place dough in a loaf pan spayed with Pam. Pace in oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from baking pan. Brush top of loaf with melted butter Let cool on cooling rack..
Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and top with the remaining melted butter. This pure sourdough dark beer bread is a compact and strong bread with a thick crust. This dark beer bread (made with ale) goes well with ham, cold cuts of meat and cheeses. Some of the water that goes into the bread dough is replaced with dark beer. Beer Bread Kit Original – Just add beer!