Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups. Roll up tightly and arrange, seam side down, in prepared baking dish. Toss bread crumbs with remaining oil in small bowl. Top chicken with reserved cheese, remaining sauce, and bread-crumb mixture.
Add the roll-ups and spoon more sauce onto each roll-up. Dredge each piece of chicken in flour followed by egg and bread crumbs. Bread the chicken by rolling it in bread crumbs, then the whisked egg and then again in bread crumbs. You can cook Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups
- You need 1-1/2 Cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 4 of large eggs, divided.
- It’s 3 cups of Italian of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 of lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded thin.
- It’s to taste of Kosher salt.
- It’s to taste of Freshly ground pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 4 cups of marinara sauce (2 – 24 oz. jars).
- Prepare 12 of cooked lasagna noodles.
- Prepare 1 (30 oz.) of container of Ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of parsley, for garnish (optional).
Spread the remaining marinara sauce over the bottom of the baking dish and place the chicken in the dish, seam down. When you're done, you should have six pieces that are large enough to roll up. Place the grated Parmesan and shredded mozzarella cheese in the center of the chicken. Don't spread it out too far to the edges – leave a space around the edge.
Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Lay cooked lasagna noodles flat, on an even layer, on a greased baking sheet. (11"x 17").
- Season chicken with salt & pepper then cut chicken into approximately 1/2" cubes. Put flour and breadcrumbs into two separate bowls. Whisk together three eggs into a separate bowl. working in batches, dredge chicken in the flour then dip into the eggs. Toss them into the breadcrumbs for the final dredge..
- In a large skillet over medium-high heated oil. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 12 minutes turning chicken at the 6 minute mark..
- Meanwhile, make filling. Whisk together the ricotta, remaining eggs, garlic powder and 1 cup of parmesan cheese. Spread ricotta mixture onto each lasagna noodle, then spoon marinara sauce over the ricotta. Top with the cooked chicken and mozzarella then roll up tightly..
- In large deep baking dish (9"X 13") spoon a layer of marinara on the bottom of the dish. Add roll-ups and spoon more sauce onto each roll-up. Sprinkle more mozzarella nad Parmesan over each roll-up. Bake until bubbly and melted, about 30 minutes..
- Remove from over and let cool for 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley if so desired..
Roll the crescent dough around each piece of chicken and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the microwave and brush over the tops of each crescent roll. Then sprinkle each roll-up with the remaining grated parmesan cheese. These Parmesan Chicken Roll Ups will be one of your favorite easy chicken recipes.: Create Perfect Melt In The Mouth Dinner Rolls. Cooking with yeast may be an exasperating experience.