sweet scone biscuits (Drum Best Recipe Summer 2013). Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Luxury Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate & Gifts From Whittard. It's appreciated by millions every day. Put the scones on the baking sheet.
A friend phones and asks if she can pop in to see you; she says she'll be with you in half an hour. The quick and easy answer is to bake some scones. Warm from the oven with butter and. You can have sweet scone biscuits (Drum Best Recipe Summer 2013) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of sweet scone biscuits (Drum Best Recipe Summer 2013)
- It’s 14 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 40 ml of baking powder.
- Prepare 5 ml of salt.
- You need 250 ml of white sugar.
- Prepare 250 ml of milk.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 240 grams of margarine, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 of extra egg for glazing, beaten.
Sift the flour, baking powder and one teaspoon of salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and lard and rub them into the dry ingredients using your. Add cubed butter and pulse until fully incorporated and mixture is fine with no big clumps or pieces of butter. Whisk milk and eggs together in a small bowl.
sweet scone biscuits (Drum Best Recipe Summer 2013) instructions
- preheat oven to 180°F celsius. lighlty grease a baking sheet.
- sift cake flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. lightly rub margarine in with your fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. stir in the sugar..
- combine the milk and two beaten eggs in a separate bowl. gradually stir it into the flour mixture with a blunt table knife. add enough liquid (milk) to make a soft but not sticky dough. the dough should stick together and pull away from the sides of the bowl, leaving them clean..
- turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 3 minutesor until it forms a ball. with lightly floured fingers, press or roll the dough until it is 3 cm thick..
- cut out the scones with a 5 cm diameter cookie cutter.nput the scones on the baking sheet. brush each scone with extra beateb egg.
- bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- enjoy your biscuits.
Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter. Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough. Lightly grease a baking tray with butter and line with baking paper. Biscuits and scones might look a lot alike — tall, flaky, golden brown. They're both made from a blend of flour, a leavening agent, fat, and a liquid.