Chocolate cake recipe. Indulge yourself with this ultimate chocolate cake recipe that is beautifully moist, rich and fudgy. Sophisticated and intensely chocolatey with a hit of juicy raisins and crunchy biscuit pieces, serve this decadent chocolate fridge cake as a. by Rachel Manley. Our really easy chocolate cake recipe is perfect for birthdays.
Using a wooden spoon, or electric whisk, beat the mixture until smooth and well combined. Great for entertaining, deceptively easy to make. Perfect for people who can't have gluten. You can cook Chocolate cake recipe using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate cake recipe
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/8 cup of oil.
- You need 8 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of hot coffee.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of Cocoa powder.
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, or simply dusted with icing sugar. I flour the cake tin using cocoa powder so it won't leave white marks on the cake and keeps it totally gluten free. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until pale. Add all the remaining sponge ingredients and beat together until well combined.
Chocolate cake recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 7 " cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl of stand mixer or a hand held mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter oil and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one by one and mix properly.
- Sift all dry ingredients and whisk it properly.
- Put in the evaporated milk into the hot coffee and mix.
- Simply alternate the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients into the butter mixture and mix properly.
- Put the batter into the prepares pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Divide the mixture between the cake tins and smooth the tops. In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour cake mixture into prepared tin.