Oven baked risotto with bacon and tomatoes. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Tip in the rice and mix well until coated.
Add in the stock, the tomatoes and the thyme and the ground black pepper. Heat the olive oil in a heavy, oven proof/hob proof saucepan (which has a lid). Fry off the onion, garlic and chopped bacon until the onion is soft and the bacon has started to brown. You can have Oven baked risotto with bacon and tomatoes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven baked risotto with bacon and tomatoes
- It’s 250 g of smokey bacon.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 300 g of risotto.
- Prepare 700 ml of chicken stock.
- You need of Parmesan.
- Prepare 1 glass of white wine (optional).
Add in the rice and stir everything together until the rice is well coated. Meanwhile, put the tomatoes on a baking tray. Remove the stalks from most of the tomatoes and stir into the risotto with the cheese and parsley. Add the bacon and fry until golden.
Oven baked risotto with bacon and tomatoes step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Fry the bacon until crispy, I prefer to fry on a low heat to make the bacon extra crispy. Then use the oils from the bacon to sauté the onions.
- Mix the bacon and onions with the risotto rice. Add in the wine and back for 2 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes, season and back in the oven for 15/20 minutes until dried..
- Add the stock mixture. Top with a lid and bake for 20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. Once the liquid has been absorbed remove from the oven and add half the Parmesan. Serve with the dried cherry tomatoes and a sprinkling of Parmesan..
Add the rice, stir to toast the grains, turn up the heat to medium, then add the wine and bubble for a couple of minutes. Tip the oil into an ovenproof casserole dish. Melt the butter in a pan on medium to high heat. Tip in the risotto and mix well. Place the tomatoes, bacon, onion, courgettes, rice and chopped herbs in a medium-sized baking dish.